Sunday, January 18, 2015

New Year Resolutions

I don't always make New Year Resolutions, but I thought I would try it this year.

The last time I really made a list of goals was in College, and I achieved all of those goals, so I basically thought I was done and didn't need to make new goals.  That, and I didn't know what goals I even wanted.

That has been the struggle for the last few, 10, 15 years.  Then I had kids and all of the ideas of even making goals went out the window, unless you included the goal of getting in a shower at least every other day!

Now, I have decided to think about what it is that I want in life and how I plan to achieve it.  My goals this year are going to be a bit of a small start.  I resolve to be more assertive, I resolve to be more active and be able to zip up my jeans a bit easier.  (I've kind of let that aspect of my life go a bit - I'm still active, still playing soccer, but I've been eating way too many muffins and bowls of ice cream lately!) I resolve to make my kids do their chores more often so I don't have to yell at them.  I resolve to travel more.

That's all I've really got for now.  Not too lofty, I know, but I'll get there.  I'm going to work myself up to way more interesting things...probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment