Saturday, February 15, 2020

As Spongebob would say....4 years later...

It's been 4 years since I posted last, how time flies.  Here's a little catch up:

I am still cancer free, the husband is healthy, the kids are still at home, but they both drive.  We are still super into sports.  So, not a whole lot has changed.

I am way less angry, I have no idea where all that rage went, it just disappeared.  I didn't sleep last night, so this morning was a bit ragey, but that's not common anymore.  I still volunteer, a bit less now that I only have one kid under 18.  Shockingly, I am still trying to get my shit together.

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease 2 years ago.  It sucks.  At least I know why I feel like crap all the time.  There is a lot of info about the mother passing Lyme disease to their baby during pregnancy, and I'm pretty sure that both my kids have it.  We can pinpoint my infection to when I was about 17-18.  We have tried everything, and so far nothing has really helped.  I can't really help my kids until we find out what will help me, I'd rather I'm the guinea pig than them.

But weirdly enough, that's not why I'm here today.  I'm completely annoyed that there are very few antique stores and basically no architectural salvage stores near me.  All I hear is reduce, reuse, recycle, don't buy new, blah blah blah.....so where the hell is all the stuff that people are getting rid of?  I want to buy used stuff, and fix it, or use it as is, and I can't find anything.  Unless I want to spend a few hundred dollars on something that has basically been sitting outside in the dirt for decades, I'm out of luck.

That's my rant for today.  Why write here and not on facebook or something? Because this doesn't get a lot of traffic, and I just want to rant without actually talking about it.  That's it.  Maybe I'll be back again in less than 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment